Saturday, June 6, 2009

15 Months and a new school


Jared had his 15-month check up on Monday. He is doing so great and getting so big! He is still in the 85th percentile in height (32 1/2 inches) and is now in the 65th percentile in weight (25lbs. 4oz). He has started to slim down now that he is running around and so active. The way Jared eats, he must have a metabolism like Jerry--he can eat whatever he wants and as much as he wants and still stays thin (must be nice).
Where Jerry works, they have an awesome child care center (the OCC Harry and Grace Steele Child Care Center) that we knew we wanted him to go to at some point, so we put his name on the waiting list when he was 10 weeks old knowing it could take a while for him to get in. I received a call this week that they have an opening for three days a week-- Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays, so we decided to accept the spot and he will start attending on June 22 when he is almost 16 months old. I can take him in the morning any time between 7:30 and 10 am and Jerry will pick him up at 5 after he is off work.
We feel this is going to be great for him--he loves to learn and is very smart and with my work, I feel I can't give him enough of what he needs as long as I have this job responsibility. I will still have him all day on Tuesdays and our nanny will come on Thursdays to help me out. I can still work from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays--I will just have a little more help now which I need with such an active little boy, a full time job, a house and a husband to take care of!
The center is so great--they have animals that the kids can pet and take care of, a garden where they can plant fruits and veggies, the school's catering department prepares breakfast, lunch and a snack for all the kids with the menu selected by the school's nutritionist to ensure proper nutrition for the different ages and so much more. Jared and I are going on a tour on Tuesday so he can meet the teacher. They are going to show us around the facility so Jared can get familiar with it and also show me a sample of what he will be doing all day. Stay tunned!

No comments:

Post a Comment